Popular Posts

Thursday 18 August 2011

Applause to Nigerian as OBJ replied IBB- "bury your head in shame"

In a swift response to the story credited to IBB  by many Nigerian newspapers on the  occassion of  his 70th birthday celebration, where he called Obasanjo's 8 years rule a failure, the Egba high chief, OBJ has replied IBB, saying he should bury his head in shame

 Obasanjo clarified that some of the allegations raised by IBB, “were unfortunately not well thought-out. For instance, he talked about our energy. When I was the military head of state, I built Jebba dam; built Shiroro dam; I prepared the foundation of Egbin thermal plant which President Shehu Shagari completed and commissioned. That time the money we were making was not up to the money Babangida was making annually in his eight years and yet we built two dams.

“I also read where he said in his time, he gave the dividends of democracy and at the same time he regretted. When I read that, well, I said Babangida should be pitied and shown sympathy rather than anger or condemnation because of the old saying that a fool at 40 is a fool forever and I would say a regret at 70 is a regret too late. Well, a regret at 70 is a regret to the grave.”

In a quick reaction to El- Rufai's  allegation on the privatisation  of the Nigeria Airways OBJ said he was ready to face any panel to defend himself.

"Obasanjo declared that he was ready to show up at any sitting to explain himself on the issue and declared: “Anybody who wants me for any event, I’m available.”
Applause will keep you posted of development, but Nigerians should beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment